Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 18: Olympics

I know some people have been curious why I haven't been posting every day and the answer is quite simple. Usually on the days I don't post, nothing too exciting happened. Usually I just spent the night in my apartment. Today however was very very different. The IES Center hosted an IES Olympics. A series of physically trying and mentally tasking activities. Although my team did not win the overall trophies, we had some pretty good accomplishments. My personal favorite thing that happened what when I was climbing the hard section of the rock wall. I was at the portion of the wall that is actually more of a ceiling than a wall. I was working my way to the next wall portion when my right hand's rock, which apparently was not very secure, twisted and I lost my grip. Thankfully I caught myself and I was dangling by only my left hand. Because it was the portion of the wall that was further out than the original portion, I had no where to put my feet, so I had to pull myself up with my left arm far enough to be able to grab another hold with my right hand. Then I was able to get my feet in good positions and I continued to the top of the wall. It was great, but my forearms will kill me tomorrow. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of this but I do have several other photos that will most likely be uploaded in the next couple days. Until then however, Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment