Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 10 Stefansdome

Wow what a day. Many times we are told to "squeeze the juice" out of our experience here. For me, that was going to see the Stefansdome. The Stefansdome is a huge cathedral with wonderful stain glass inside that casts gorgeous lighting. Don't just take my word for it. Check out these photos from the visit.













Because mass was going on, I wasnt able to get more pictures from further in the church. During the spring, when the weather is nicer, I plan on going back, where I will be able to go to the top of the steeple and look out over all of Vienna, for only a couple of Euros. It will be great. 

I also was announced to be officially "Minnesotan" today when I bought a large sack of potatoes and mayonaisse while at the grocery store. I thought I was getting a good deal, but everyone else was looking at me funny. I'm not too worried about it though.

Tomorrow I should have many more stories to tell about my first weekend in Vienna. By the sound of it, I will be going on a bus tour of the city and seeing a lot of the major sights, that I will then have to check out on foot later on. Until then however, Auf Wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment