Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 1!

Wow what a rush! Today has been crazy mostly because today is when I arrived in Vienna! It's super exciting to be here but boy is it a lot to take in. If you don't know, I don't really fly, ever. This trip was actually my third time going through and airport to get to Vienna. To add to that, I was also flying alone. Pretty crazy. I took off from Minneapolis and landed in Chicago. From Chicago I traveled to Zurich. Once in Zurich I was routed to Vienna. The fun doesn't stop there though. I arrived one day early. No problem right? Wrong. There's no where for me to stay yet. As such I had to check into a local hotel. It's the airports hotel. Not too bad nice and close to the action and it will be fine, right? Wrong. The airport hotel in Vienna is actually about a mile away. This involves getting a train ticket, riding the train, then once I got off the train try to navigate the streets to get to a hotel I didn't have the address for. Finally after 15 minutes of just wandering around, muttering under my breath, a nice old couple helped me out and showed me where to go.  About another half mile away from the train station. By the time I had gotten there I was hot sweaty and tired. Thankfully I only need to make that trek again tomorrow with all of my stuff again to get back onto the train to head to the hotel to meet the rest of the students who will all be arriving tomorrow during the day. All in all I think it will be ok though. To all those who choose to read this, I wish you the best and I will hopefully update soon.

1 comment:

  1. Tim! Sounds like a hell of a day. How'd you manage to get there a day early? Did you get your days wrong, or was there a miscommunication on the schools part? Either way at least you got a good story out of it right? Hopefully things will go a bit smoother the rest of your trip. Have fun buddy!

    ReplyDelete