Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Weekend in the Alps

So anyone who is my friend on Facebook will have seen already that I spent last weekend in the Alps. I spent 2 days high on a mountaintop learning how to ski, and then successfully falling flat on my face going down the mountain. There really isn't much to say about the experience other than it was very warm as the sun was out, and the snow was perfect. I learned how to ski for the first time and to really test just how well I could perform, the first slope I went down was the Red difficulty. In Europe the scale goes Blue then Red then Black. For some reason we figured the Red would be the best to start with. Not to mention, we were in the clouds still because it hadn't cleared up yet. So not only was I skiing for the first time, but I was skiing for the first time down a difficult slope in the fog. And I successfully only fell once on it! After talking with some experienced skiers, they likened the Red slope to being approximately a Black Diamond. I guess I can take some solace in that and know that I did pretty well! As the weekend went on, I gradually became better and better. On Sunday, I happened to only fall once. Granted I was going much too fast down a slope that was way too steep and I hit a bump that was much too hard which resulted in my face stopping me much too fast.  Overall it was very very good and I had a fantastic time. There's no way to put it in words really.











































No comments:

Post a Comment